The Citrus County Education Association (CCEA), representing the teachers and the education support professionals (ESP) of Citrus County, is offering 4 scholarships of $750 each. Three of the scholarships are for one graduating senior at each of the three Citrus County high schools – Citrus High School, Crystal River High School, and Lecanto High School. The fourth scholarship is an OTHER School scholarship for a graduating senior of a CCEA member who does not attend one of the three Citrus County high schools – example: A high school outside of Citrus County (parent/guardian works in Citrus and is a CCEA member but the child attends a high school outside of Citrus County).
***AES students will be evaluated on their “home” based school – CHS, CRHS, LHS.
- A parent or guardian must be a CCEA member.
- A completed application.
- Letters of recommendation from 2 of the student's high school teachers.
- A letter of recommendation from a community member, not employed by the school system.
- Proof of acceptance at an institution of higher learning attached.
- Guidance verification of high school cumulative GPA through the last completed term.
Please send and accompanying paperwork to Linda Heinzman at Inverness Middle School. (You may send through district mail or hand carry to IMS!) If you want to mail via post office use the below address:
Mrs. Linda Heinzman
Inverness Middle School
1950 US HWY 41 North
Inverness, FL 34450
All applications must be received by Friday, March 22nd, 2024.
Scholarships will be determined taking in these factors:
- Completeness of Application
- School Activities
- Community Service
- Details of written narratives
- Letters of Recommendations
- Financial Need (How would this money help you achieve education goals?)